The Single Most Untapped Competitive Advantage is Teamwork
TEAMWORK IS THE ULTIMATE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE… because it is both so powerful and so rare. A high-functioning team can achieve its potential, resulting in a more productive organization. Additionally, improving teamwork is an important endeavor beyond merely helping organizations become more effective. It also reduces the stress and dissatisfaction of the people who populate those organizations, which has a profound impact on the lives of their friends and family members, as well.
Click the video above to watch how The 5 can help your organization.
THE FIVE BEHAVIORS OF A COHESIVE TEAM program, is an assessment-based learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build a truly cohesive and effective team in the most approachable, competent, and effective way possible. Powered by Everything DiSC®, the profiles help participants understand their own DiSC® styles. Bringing together everyone’s personalities and preferences to form a cohesive, productive team takes work, but the payoff can be huge—for individuals, the team, and the organization.
Trust One Another
When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
Engage in Healthy Conflict
When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
Commit to Decisions
When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
Based on the best-selling book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
Over 2.5 Million Copies Sold
Watch The New York Times best-selling author Patrick Lencioni on the power of teamwork.
Who is it for?
The program is designed exclusively for intact teams and work groups. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team harnesses the power of Everything DiSC and the clarity and simplicity of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model.
What does this program do?
The program helps teams understand how, as a team, they score on the key components of The Five Behaviors model: trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results. Each individual on the team will also understand their own personality style and their team members styles, based on the DiSC® model:
D: Dominance, i: Influence, S: Steadiness, and C: Conscientiousness, and how their style contributes to the team’s overall success.
How Does It Work?
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team. A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage
- Is more fun to be on!
How Is It Delivered?
Because groups and situations differ, we offer options for programs of various lengths.
- The two-day workshop, which includes activities that address all five dysfunctions, offers the best opportunity to make a significant, relevant, and lasting impact on the team.
- The one-day workshop option focuses on the first two key areas, building trust and mastering conflict, and includes some simple activities for the remaining three.
- The half-day workshop addresses only trust and conflict. If you select this option, we recommend that you schedule time to address the other three dysfunctions in future team meetings.
- Reach a common understanding of what it means to be a team and make substantial progress toward becoming a more cohesive team.
Objectives for a Half-Day Workshop for Teams
- Understand the expectations for a cohesive team, based on The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model.
- Have a basic understanding of the degree to which the team meets the expectations (“know where we are”)
- Take the first steps toward building trust and understanding conflict styles
- Develop an action plan for improving teamwork
Additional Objective for a One-Day Workshop for Teams
- Establish a plan for making progress on commitment, accountability, and results
Additional Objectives for a Two-Day Workshop for Teams
- Make further progress on improving trust and conflict
- Make progress on commitment, accountability, and results (with focus on commitment)
A comprehensive, highly personalized, and accessible 36-page illustrated report that allows each person on the team, and the team as a whole, to understand how they scored on the assessment and how to interpret their individual and team results. The profile includes an introduction, a section devoted to each of the five behaviors, a summary of the team’s strengths and challenges, tips and suggestions, and a roadmap to help teams create an action plan based on their results.
Download Sample Profile >
Learn how Microsoft united three global groups into one cohesive team and set them up for success.
Download Case Study >
Maximize your ability to lead others through outstanding communication techniques and be viewed as an influencer in your market. Catalyze and improve the performance of your team, one conversation at a time.
Take yourself and your team to the next level of success!
Connect with Cindy Tomcak now, by calling: 402-533-4480
or by email—click the Connect button now.