Which style of Sales Professional are you?
- Are you direct and to the point? Do you move fast and want results instantly from everyone you speak to? Have you been told that you seem pushy and only concerned about closing the sale?
- Are you friendly and outgoing? Do you enjoy meeting new people yet walk away with few results? Have you ever been told that you lack attention to detail?
- Are you in the business to support everyone? Do you find yourself saying YES to everything so that you don’t let anyone down? Are you uncomfortable at dealing with conflict and challenges?
- Are you factual and precise, doing extreme research on each deal? Do you find yourself staying in your office getting the task done versus going out and meeting new people? Have you ever been told that you are a perfectionist?
As a sales professional in today’s world, it is vital to examine your communication and selling style. A lack of understanding of your own personal communication style can lead to real problems such as tension, disappointment, unmet expectations and poor communication.
Now you might be thinking, “I have been doing this for over 10 years. Why should I examine my communication and selling style? I think I communicate just fine.”
Look, I get it. I have been in your shoes… doing what I did best and still not getting the results I wanted. It wasn’t until I learned that “my way” of communicating and selling did not agree with everyone. Bottom line? I was missing out on a lot of opportunities.
It was a hard pill to swallow, discovering that not everyone communicated like me. It was also one of the best wake up calls to my career.
Studies show that each one of us have our own preferences to how we want to be communicated to. This includes your customers, referral partners, co-workers and managers. It is time to understand how to make the biggest impact in your communication so that your message is received as you intended it to be.
There IS a Simple Way to Understand This!
The good news is that there is a simple way to understand how people behave and how they are motivated to say Yes. We call the concept “The DiSC® Model”. This concept will allow you to unlock the mystery behind developing great people skills and creating better relationships.
To learn more, join me for my free How to Win Business and Influence People online training happening January 13th.
During this quick and to the point 40 minute online training, I’m going to provide an introduction to The Disc® Model. During our time together, I will:
- Introduce the four DiSC® Styles in a memorable way that will serve you through 2016 and beyond.
- Provide a clear understanding that everyone has their own communication preference and how knowing those can impact your results.
- Identify how you can adapt your communication style in order to maximize the impact on your audience and your bottom line.
You may be thinking that you don’t have time to sit on a 40 minutes training, right? I understand. You’re busy juggling appointments, moving files off your desk, and looking for that next big opportunity.
What if this is it? What if this actually works? The big question: How can younot take the time to learn how to maximize your impact with every conversation you have?
Learn something new, apply it, and make this New Year your best year yet.